Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Thinks I think

This week, I have seen three different people working out while using their cell phone.  Really?  You can't put it down for half an hour?  Two people were on the recumbent bikes.  So, OK... there's really nothing to do with your hands there, so I can kind of see that.  I was on the recumbent bike today and was wondering if it would be possible to knit or crochet (probably a sign of a slight problem there...), so I won't be too harsh on those people.  But the elliptical?  Girl, put it up.  You're going to hurt yourself.

The tooth fairy came today.  The girls woke me up at 3:30 this morning... I found Olivia and Izzy on the couch, each with a cereal box, watching Alladin (which is the only thing on the DVR they've figure out how to play... because it's the first on the list).  I tried to get them back to bed, but when Bill finally rolled in at 4:45, they were still awake.  So I went to take a shower and when I got out, there was some panic going on in the kitchen.  Olivia was freaking out because she was bleeding.  Bill was calm, so I knew it wasn't anything serious.  I made it to the kitchen and he showed me her tooth... freshly "plucked."  That makes me want to hurl.  Still.  I am proud of Bill for handling it, because he's as squeamish as I am when it comes to bloody mouths and teeth dangling from gums.  Olivia got $2.  She wanted a bracelet or a necklace.  Our tooth fairy isn't quite that generous, I'm afraid.  She might actually be disappointed, though.  She really doesn't care about money. I remembered today that she had received $5 in a card for her birthday last week and I hadn't seen it since.  She has no idea what she did with it and doesn't care.  So there's a $5 bill floating around here somewhere.

Tomorrow is our first visit to the dentist for fillings.  I'm desperately hoping this isn't traumatic.

I'm going to bed early tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...