Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Dilemma

I'm torn today.  I don't want to go to work and it will mean that my husband doesn't get much sleep since the kids are out of school.  But... it's not fair for me to get to stay home when everyone else has to go to work.  I know it's not fair.  But it would make my life so much easier.

People without kids and people with older kids usually take issue with people who have kids that cannot be left alone when they have to take time off of work.  And I realize that it's not really fair.  Your home life shouldn't give you special privileges at work.  But there is just no way for it not to be an issue, unless you're lucky enough to have someone who can take care of your kids no matter what. 

I don't. 

Then, in the medical field, you have the issue that some people are vital where some are not.  I am not vital to the operation of the facility on a daily basis.  Nurses are.  But if I'm not required to come in when they are, it's not fair.  I don't have quite the sympathy on that one.  

Bill's schedule is really going to be a problem come summer.  When the girls are at home, he doesn't (or at least shouldn't) get any sleep.  That's really tough on a person.  And then I worry all the time about my sleep-deprived husband watching our kids.  Last summer I had to work half-days the last few weeks of summer break because it was becoming a BIG problem.  He'd stay in bed and sleep even after the girls got up.  They got out of the house, made huge messes.... it was not good.  And his schedule is even worse now.  He at least got home in time to sleep a few hours before they got up (or he should have been able to... sometimes he worked late) but now he wouldn't get to sleep until I get home from work and that just isn't going to work out for us.

Basically, my life would be infinitely better (aside from the fact that we would be beyond broke) if I didn't work.  If I could figure out how we could do it and not have to eat Ramen noodles and beans all week long, I really would stay home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...