Sunday, March 13, 2011

Things I want to make...

I always have a list a mile long of things I want to do... things fall off, I find other things... I have a bit of crafty ADD.  I have unfinished projects and just keep thinking up more things to do.  Hopefully with my fabric/yarn buying fast, I can get some of my unfinished projects done so I don't feel guilty.

But anyway, here are a few things I found this week....


Unless you count my two hands, I do not have a dishwasher.  I have to handwash my dishes, which doesn't take that long, but is still not one of my favorite daily tasks.  Something pretty on my counter to lay the dishes on to dry might just make it a little less irritating.  I can actually make this now, I have plenty of extra kitchen towels and fabric.




Ok, so this is more of a "Man, I wish I could do that!" kind of thing.  I have never really been into doilies, but that is just freaking awesome!  I have a thing for things made bigger than scale and smaller than scale.  I might not care for it normal-sized, but I'll love it bigger or littler.  I know they do this by hand, but just picturing that person with a giant crochet hook makes me giggle.  I suppose I could do it... I believe it's cotton rope that they use and it can't be that hard to find.  Probably just very time consuming (and possibly confusing on that scale).  Maybe I'll just try to make a doily out of bulky yarn first since I've never actually even attempted a doily to begin with.  I even know where I would put it, assuming I didn't just make a big knotted mess.  They sell those beasts, but at $600 for a 3ft rug, I don't see my budget ever allowing that purchase.



Now I'm not a belt kind of person, but I am planning on making a belt to go with my friend's adult-sized bandana dress.  I'm not sure I'd actually do something this intricate, but that is awfully pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...