Sunday, April 3, 2011

I love mohawk hats but...

... I think I'm getting a little burnt out on them.  Of course, it's getting warm here, so hats are just not even on my mind.  I'm tired of sock monkey hats, also.  I like to do new things, so it's hard for me to make the same thing over and over.  Luckily, each of the mohawk hats are a little different.  Once I get past making the beanie part of it, I'm fine.  It's just taking me forever to make a basic beanie.

Bill's cousin is expecting her first child later this month (on Miss Iz's birthday, in fact) and I had asked her mother for a suggestion for a baby gift to make.  She suggested father & son mohawk hats in their favorite sports team's colors and maybe something else for mom - but her mom didn't think she'd wear a mohawk hat.  Understandable.  I love them, but I'm not sure I'd actually wear one.  It's taken me the better part of the past month to finish up the gifts.  I finally added the finishing touches last night. 

004

The Daddy-to-be is a huge Philly Fliers fan.  I cut the logo out of felt and added it to one side of the hat.  I didn't frizz out the yarn like I normally do, just separated the different strands for a kinky, curly look.  For the Mommy-to-be, I went super simple - partly because I felt like I really needed to get this stuff in the mail soon.  The baby might be due late April, but that doesn't really mean much.  She could have it tomorrow.  I just made a black and orange flower and put it on a headband.  She can rock the colors in a more reserved manor.  She's always struck me as a more reserved person.  I could be wrong - I've only met her a couple of times.  Here's a closer look...

007

They're all boxed up now for me to send out tomorrow.  I have one more project hanging over my head that I need to accomplish before I get started on a mad rush of Easter and birthday sewing.  My mom's birthday, Easter, and Iz's birthday are all in a 4 day window and I haven't done anything but wash the Easter dress fabric.  I have no clue what to make my mother (probably something crocheted so I can work on it before the girls go to bed - unlike my sewing) and I'm really not sure what to make Izzy for her birthday (can't work on that during the day for obvious reasons).  But first I need to get my friend's "hankie dress" made.  I have it all worked out in my head now and just need to make it happen.  I can do this.  =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...