Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sneak Peeks (and too many parentheses)

My brain is pretty burnt out on things I have to do, so I've let myself indulge in some creativity just for variety's sake.  I do need to get back on track tomorrow and work on things other people have asked me to make for them, but I'm excited about the two things I've begun so I thought I'd give a little sneak peek.

The first thing was an idea I had for a Mother's Day gift.  Chances are that if they are Mother's Day gifts, they will be late gifts.  Mother's Day has totally sneaked up on me this year, probably because Easter was so late this year.  I am afraid Mother's Day gifts will most likely be photos of the girls because I just don't have time to make anything unless I come up with something really quick and simple.  My mother-in-law and Bill's grandmother live out of state and I'd have to get them in the mail early next week.  But here's the beginning of something for them, since they unfortunately miss out on a lot of hugs from their grandkids...

sneak peak
That thumb is entirely too fat.

I'm not 100% satisfied with the hand (I hope you can tell it's a hand), but it was my first attempt.  Part of me wants to go more in an amigurumi direction with it instead of flat like this, but I just am not sure.  I really love the idea, so I'm just going to plan on working on it as a birthday present for my mother-in-law.  

The second project makes me a little giddy.  

sneak peak

I know it's looks like a bomb, but it's not.  It's one of my favorite things - I even have one tattooed on my body.  I can't wait to finish it.  

Speaking of tattoos... I have an idea for one that I want.  I have a tattoo on my back that faded really badly (I think it was just bad ink because my best friend got the same thing at the same time and hers faded also) so I want to cover it up.  It's a sun and moon, pretty circular in shape, so I want to cover it up with a ball of yarn and have a sock monkey leaning on it.  That would be pretty awesome, don't you think?

One more thing, simply because I am so out-of-my-mind excited by this:

I get to go on a cruise in January!!!!!!

Up until the past year when Bill's schedule made it impossible, I used to go play Pokeno (think of playing poker and bingo at the same time and that's what Pokeno is) with a group of ladies.  A few years ago, they started having a weekend retreat in January, and I was informed that one of them had announced that for this next January, she was paying for everyone to go on a cruise for the retreat.  I know... crazy!  I figured at first that I wouldn't be included because I don't get to play anymore, but they told me they wanted me to go too.  If I could convince my husband to let me run away for a week.  And let me tell you, it's been a long, drawn-out process of begging and bargaining.  I think I've been working on him for two months now.  This week was the deadline to let her know if I could go, so I brought out the big guns.  He's had his eye on getting a camper for years, so I told him if he'd let me go on this cruise that we could put our tax refund towards a down payment next year for a small camper.  He told me that he always intended to let me go, he just was going to surprise me at the last moment.  I have to line up a lot of help for him, but I've had offers from a few people to keep the girls for him when he needs it, even from my brother-in-law (who is also  going to be left all alone then because my sister is going, too!).  I've never been on a cruise, so I'm just dying over here.  A 7 day cruise and I don't even have to pay for it.  Cozumel... Grand Cayman... Jamaica...  all those gorgeous blue-green places.  A week away from work, a week of being Jennifer and not "MOMMA!!"  (which I'll miss within 24 hours, I know this, but it sounds good after a night where my kids emptied all the toothpaste into their bathwater), a week of hanging out with my sister and one of my good friends (among the other ladies, of course...).  

Somebody pinch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...