Friday, April 15, 2011

We interrupt your regularly scheduled program...

I needed a break from things I had to do, so I did something that I've been wanting to do for a while.  You may or may not remember me mentioning my awe at the Mega Doily.  I seriously want to do that one day.  But I've never made a doily at all.  I figured they would be really tedious and time consuming.  However, I decided if I was going to keep dreaming about making a gargantuan doily, I should probably attempt to make a doily.  I had some white bulky boucle yarn and decided to make a Big Doily.  A far cry from a Mega Doily, but the original pattern was supposed to turn out 8 1/2 inches wide and mine is about 24 inches (and that's only 14 of the 15 rounds... I ran out of yarn)

So here it is... my Big Doily:

My big ol' doily.  I have no idea what to do with it... just wanted to make a huge doily

I am not sure what to do with it now.  Maybe some wall art?  Or figure out how to turn it into the center of a blanket?  It's really soft and would make a nice blanket if it were bigger.

And you know what?  It wasn't tedious or all that time-consuming.  I actually really enjoyed it.  It took me 3 days... a little bit here and there as the girls allowed.  I didn't work on it at night at all.

I guess that's enough amusement for now.  I need to get back to work.  Birthday party invitations must be done before Monday, two of the Easter dresses need to be finished, and I haven't finished Izzy's birthday present. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...