Sunday, May 15, 2011

I am not a loser!

Holy smokes, Batman!  I won something!



The4Rs Ramblings invited me to link up the Flower Fairy to her Reap What You Sew contest she holds every Sunday.  And I won a copy of Painted Wooden Furniture!  Which is pretty cool since just the other day I was looking at my husband's old console stereo thinking that it would be awesome to paint it green.  Not that he'll let me touch it with a 10-foot pole, but I can dream and we have other furniture.  I painted our bed before we had kids.  I'm not going to show you a picture.  It's not  pretty.  I obviously didn't know what I was doing.  But now I'll have a book!  Go check her blog out... she's got recipes, tutorials, and all kinds of thrifty ideas.

In other news...

I have finally settled on an idea for a gift for Olivia's Kindergarten teacher.  We got so extremely lucky landing in Mrs. B's room.  She is so sweet and just gushes about how much she adores Olivia.  She actually is good friends with Olivia's pre-K teacher from the school she went to last year.  I just love her and we've put in a request that Isabelle be placed in her room next year.  Anyway, she calls her students B's Butterflies, so I had to come up with an idea with butterflies.  I'm making a mobile with crocheted butterflies.  Something she can either put up in her class next year or take home.  I got the rest of the things I need to complete it... and need to make about a dozen more butterflies.  They're super quick, so hopefully I can show it to you in the next few days.  I have to do it after Olivia's in bed.  She's a blabbermouth.  =)

Hope you all had a lovely weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...