Sunday, June 26, 2011

Awesome weekend.

First of all, thank you for the sweet comments on my last post about getting up before the crack of dawn to go to the gym.  I'm so flattered that I inspire people and I hope it keeps me honest and on track.  I have some awesome people who inspire me, too, so I know how important it is to have someone to look at that has done the hard work and is proof that it can be done.

I just got home from the most amazing weekend.  We jumped in the van after I got off of work on Friday and drove 2 hours to Crowley's Ridge State Park for a few nights camping.  And in Jennifer-speak, that means we stayed in a cabin.  I'm a horrible tent camper.  Plus, with three little kids, I just don't think my sanity would hold out the entire weekend. 

One of my favorite things about summer is dragonflies.  I think dragonflies are just the coolest things ever.   Butterflies are cool and all, but dragonflies win hands down.  When we were leaving, we stopped at the gas station to get ice and gas and a dragonfly zoomed into the van through the open door, buzzed around my head and zoomed back out.  I knew it was going to be a great weekend after that.  =)  It totally was.  Filled with many, many more dragonflies, too.  Sun, green nature, blue skies and water, and dragonflies.  Pure awesome.

Our family trips usually consist of 50% fun and 50% frustration.  Especially in the heat, because I tend to get really cranky when I'm hot.  But I'd say that this weekend was more 80/20.  I took over 450 pictures - another good sign, because I don't take pictures when I'm miserable.  It'll take me a while to upload them, but I'll share some of the fun we had in a little while.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...