Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Procrastination and Evolution

Tomorrow is my Olivia's last day of Kindergarten.  I got her report card today, filled with check marks showing that she's mastered everything expected of her (and then some) and that she's headed to 1st grade in the Fall.  I'd be a bit more melancholy about it, but Isabelle will step right into her place, most likely with the same teacher (that's what we requested anyway). 

I've been scheming and dreaming up an end-of-the-year gift for her teacher for a while now.  She calls all of her students her Blackwell Butterflies, so when I saw this I knew I was going to make it.




But then I decided I wasn't going to cut out that many butterflies out of felt and I didn't see any sense buying a punch if I didn't have plans to use it for more than one project.  Normally I don't have that kind of restraint, so I'm kind of impressed with myself there. 

Felt turned into crochet.  After being dissatisfied with my mobile, it sat in the closet.  And sat and sat.  I had decided to turn it into a wreath instead, but just never did it.

Well, you can guess what the girls and I worked on this afternoon.  Nothing like the last minute. 

065

The washers say "BLACKWELL", "BUTTERFLY", and "2010-2011."  19 butterflies... one for each kid in the class (according to Olivia).  

And of course, when we were done, Olivia came up to me with a zippered clutch that I made a while back that has butterflies on it and asked if she could give it to her teacher.  If I had known she wanted to give her that, I could have saved myself some procrastination.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...