Saturday, September 10, 2011

Can you hear the angels singing?

I got a lot of crocheting finished while we had company.  I finished the sixth row of Zoe's afghan, which is the halfway point (not counting the border).  And I worked all 12 of my Stained Glass Window squares to the point where I needed new colors. 

Darn it all, had to go to Hobby Lobby.  What torture.  =)

I decided to just grab the 3 remaining colors and more black all at once.  No more stressing over my color choices.  Just get it and be done.  And since I had all the colors, I thought I'd finish a square completely to see if what I made would even look like what is in the book.

Want to see?  Do you?  Do you?

Here it is... 

stained glass

I am not going to lie.  This is a very challenging pattern.  But it is fun.  On one hand, I'm thinking "I have to make 11 more of these?", but the fun factor makes it not so daunting.

It's also huge.  It's about 10 inches... I think.  I couldn't find anything to measure it with, but it was about as tall as my 8x10 picture close to it. 

When I had the center of it finished with all the colors, I was not sure I liked it at all.  The yellowish color just seemed "off" to me.  But then I got the corner motifs on and it looked so much better... it just tied it together perfectly.  I completely love it.  This is going to be such an amazing afghan.  It will be so hard to give it away.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...