Monday, September 12, 2011

Is it weird...

... that I want to frame one of my Stained Glass Window squares?

I pinned my finished square on the wall and I don't want to take it down.  It's going to be so hard to give this afghan away.

When I was working on the squares last week, I was missing one of them.  So I just started another one.  Then I found it yesterday.  So I caught it up with the other 11.  Now I have 12 in progress and the finished one.  I'm keeping one.  It's just too pretty.  I can't help it.  I may never make another full afghan from the pattern, so I want something other than pictures of it.

My book is falling apart now... I've been using it so much.  If you ever spend money on an afghan pattern book, I can't recommend this enough.  The pattern for Zoe's afghan is in there as well as the Stained Glass Window afghan.  There are quite a few others in the book that I would like to make.   I don't normally buy pattern books... there just aren't usually enough patterns in them that I like to justify the cost, especially when you can find so many great patterns online for free. 



Source: amazon.com via Jennifer on Pinterest



Did you know that today (Monday 9/12) was International Crochet Day?  I didn't until tonight.  I definitely celebrated.  I crocheted my way into a headache, I crocheted so much. And that was after cleaning.  I'm being super productive lately.  We better enjoy this while it lasts.  ;)


1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that. I did crochet but not because I was "celebrating." I would have done more had I known! Oh well. I can't wait to see your finished afghans! The sneak peaks are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...