Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Daisy Afghan... complete!

I had hoped that this afghan would take me less than the 5 months that it took me to complete Babette, but it's been 5 months.  But it is finished!

Finished daisy afghan

I am going to try to get better pictures.  But I'm just so excited to show it off.

Finished daisy afghan

I decided to bring the yellow and white from the flowers out into the border.  I tweaked it slightly from the pattern so it was a little more petal-like.  I still think this would be amazing in a solid background color (like the green, especially).  Maybe one day, but not anytime soon.  It's time to move on.

Finished daisy afghan

I am going to make four more squares, one of each color, and make a little sampler of it.  I've decided I might do this will all my afghans from now on... make a little sample version to frame.  I think it would be a neat decoration and a good way for me to have a reminder of the afghans I give away.

And, of course, Zoe has decided she can't live without it, so it looks like the SGW is back to being my boss's gift again.  I have neglected that for a few weeks, so I need to get back on it.  Can we beat 5 months on this one?  It is possible... it's only been a little over 2 months since I started it and I've made good progress.  I have a bunch of other projects to work on at the same time, though, so we will just have to see.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...