Monday, January 23, 2012

Did you know...?

That you can take crochet hooks (and knitting needles) on airplanes?

I thought surely they would be prohibited.  While I think a crochet hook would make a pretty crappy weapon unless you had a tiny steel hook, knitting needles could be kind of dangerous.  I guess us crafty types aren't generally dangerous and those dangerous types look for better weapons than a G hook.

Anyway, just out of curiosity,  I looked it up on the TSA website and it clearly states you can bring them.  I might even print it out, just in case someone wants to give me lip.  =)  I'm sure that would get me a full body search, flapping a sheet of paper at them telling them they're wrong.

I've been asked if I would make a baby blanket to donate to a basket a friend of a friend is creating... it's for moms with babies who have Down's Syndrome.  I think that would be a good project for doing on a plane...  I have a soft spot in my heart for parents of special children like that.  I think God hand-picks some really amazing people for that job.

So... just a handful of days to go until we set sail.  I still can't really believe I'm getting to go.  I'm excited, of course, but I can feel the worry and anxiety over leaving my family creeping up.  My neck and shoulders are already bunching up.  I know everything will be fine.  I've tried to sit back a little more and watch my husband with the kids... he's so good at helping them with their homework and can somehow get them to pick up their messes better than I can.  I don't see that all that much since we work opposite shifts.  I know he's fully capable of keeping all four of them alive for a week, but it's hard to imagine that they won't suffer somehow without me to run the show.  LOL  I guess it's possible that they won't miss me nearly as much as I worry about... which is a whole other worry in and of itself.

I don't know how much of what I had planned to get done before my trip that will get done.  I'm just not feeling the whole sewing thing right now.  I was so excited to get back in front of the sewing machine and I just didn't feel it when I got there.  I'm sure it will come.  Crocheting is just easier to relax with.  I can watch TV and it's quieter.  Takes less space.  Blah, blah, blah...

Wrapped ear buds

However, I did wrap the cords on the ear buds to my MP3 player.  I saw a pin on Pinterest a long time ago of wrapped earbuds and decided to figure it out.  I don't think I did it the same way, but it worked and I like it.  It seemed a like an awful lot of work since I rarely use the thing and even then, I rarely have tangled cords.  But now my pink Sansa has pale green cords and it's pretty.  What else matters?  =)


1 comment:

  1. I would have thought hooks and needles would have been prohibited from flights, but wooo...you totally should print it out he he.

    Your earphones look very funky and unusual and very creative looking too :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...