Thursday, February 9, 2012

Had to have them.

I don't buy books very often.  I don't like to have to make room for them and are free at the library.  I especially don't buy pattern books very often, because it's hard for me to justify paying $15-$20 on a book unless there are several patterns that I like in the book.  Instead, I check them out of the library, and if there is a pattern I have to have, I copy it.  Shhh... don't send the book police after me.

The other day, I picked up a copy of this book from the library:




I've been on the wait list since before the book came out.  I love Kristin Omdahl's designs, so I knew it would be an awesome book.  Plus, it's seamless projects.  Seamless.  I am always so paranoid of my seams coming undone.  Because it's happened.

And I was right... it is an awesome book.  There are at least 4 patterns in here that I would love to make, and a few more that I would if there was an occasion to make them.  That's a lot of copying.  Plus, it comes with an instructional DVD.  I might need some instruction, you know...

So I thought about it.  And thought about it.

And looked at it on Amazon.  Debated.

And I bought it.

I also bought something else.  Without checking it out at the library.  Mostly because my library doesn't have a copy.  But I have wanted it for quite a while.


Source: amazon.com via Jennifer on Pinterest


I just adore overlay crochet.  I seriously, seriously doubt I'd make anything in this book with the recommended sewing thread.  I'd probably just make pillow covers or something with worsted weight yarn.  I am having a hard enough time not going cross-eyed using embroidery floss on my mandala. 

I have one other pattern book in my sights, but I am going to check it out of the library first.  I'm on the waiting list, but it's a short wait.


Source: amazon.com via Jennifer on Pinterest


I've pinned a few sweaters from the book on Pinterest, so I have a feeling I'll have enough to justify the purchase eventually.  Eventually.  I am just itching to make stuff right now and it's killing me to have to actually be a responsible adult and go to work and clean my house and junk like that.

Do you have any favorite pattern books? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...