Sunday, April 15, 2012

I Give Up.

I decided to give up the fight on two accounts today.  Oatmeal and making my house look like people other than my family lives here.

I've talked before about my desire to find some way to enjoy oatmeal.  I saw this pin on Pinterest a while back and thought maybe this would be the way...




Maybe the chocolate chips fooled me.  But this was certainly not the way.

Don't get me wrong... I'm sure if you like oatmeal, you'll like these.  I don't, so I didn't.

We were watching the latest episode of Victorious (Nickelodeon... if your kids haven't progressed past Nick Jr, you probably are like, "what?") and Tori gets warm oatmeal poured into her hands.  She laments that it feels like vomit.  I can relate, because that is what oatmeal feels like in my mouth.

Have I grossed you out?  My work here is done...

=)

My Mother-in-law and her boyfriend are due to be pulling their RV into the local KOA tomorrow.  I've tried my hardest to make my house sparkling clean, but it's like running up a landslide.  Then I realized... we lived with Bill's parents for 10 months when Olivia was a baby.  She knows I am not Susy Homemaker.  If she thinks two more kids have magically transformed me, she is on crack.  I'm tired and want to weep at the idea of washing dishes right now, but I have to because the girls will have to eat cereal tomorrow in coffee mugs with forks if I don't.

I believe I've talked Bill into finding an alternative to private pre-K for Zoe.  He wants me to get her evaluated for speech therapy.  That's the one and only thing that would qualify her for public pre-K since we don't meet the financial guidelines.  We thought Isabelle might qualify that way, but they said her speech wasn't bad enough to need therapy.  Zoe is harder to understand than Isabelle was, but I'm not going to hold my breath.  We were driving down the road the other day and Zoe was telling me something that I just couldn't figure out for the life of me.... I told her I didn't understand her and she said "Mom.  I don't want to say this over and over again like last time."  Sassy child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...