Saturday, April 7, 2012

Spontaneous

I have serious crafting ADD.  Top it off with an inability to make a decision, and it's been a week of flip flopping around ideas for Isabelle's birthday present.  Oh, and let's not forget that I moved her party up a week so that her Nana can attend (Did I mention my mother-in-law and her boyfriend are coming to visit for a week and a half soon?  Well, they are.) and I've been frantic to find something that will not only fit her requests, but my time constraints.

I know I'm making the cheeseburger, which she has agreed doesn't have to be a pillow.  It's about 3/4 finished.  And I was planning on a flower-y granny square pillowcase, but I realized two things after making the first square.... 1)  I didn't like the colors I picked and 2) It was going to take me too long.  I toyed with the idea of just plain ol' granny squares, but again... I don't have that long.

Then I thought about sewing a pillow case and adding an applique.  I've been needing an excuse to make one of these:




It's the Happy Flower Decoration from Attic24.  So pretty.  I made one last night and as I was working on it, I thought it might be cute on a dress.  And I had a tshirt pattern that I've been wanting to try out, so...

Dress

I think the argyle socks make the outfit, don't you? 

It just happened.  I grabbed some knit fabric I had on hand for something else (that just wasn't going to happen) and it literally took about 30 minutes total.  I have plans to embroider the flower down better... curly appliques drive me bonkers and I can machine sew it any better than I did. 

OK.. so my intent was to make it a birthday dress and it obviously didn't happen like that.  It's now officially Zoe's spring picture dress for Tuesday instead.  But I let Isabelle model it and she wore it around most of the day.  I definitely need to make more knit dresses with cute appliques like that.  =)

But, int he meantime, I did decide what to make for Isabelle and I bought the pattern for it.  That will help me to commit to it, having spent the money on a pattern and all.  It's the Grandma Violet pillow pattern from The Royal Sisters.


Source: etsy.com via Bethany on Pinterest


I also bought the Grandma Daisy pillow for myself, when I get the time.


Source: etsy.com via Bethany on Pinterest


I think I'll have to make the actual pillow insert, because I can't seem to find one, but it would probably be cheaper anyway.   Shouldn't be that hard.

We picked out yarn today for it.  Isabelle picked out a really pretty purple (she picked out the main color and I picked the coordinating colors), which is quite appropriate with it being a violet pillow and all.  =)

1 comment:

  1. I love the dress! The flower looks really good on it. You always have stuff going on but lately it seems like you have way more. I hope things settle down for you! I love the royal sisters, an I love those flowers. Maybe I'll have to try one of them once I finish all my other projects. Have a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...