Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Coming soon....

I've had a request to shrink my Sock Monkey beanie to baby-size and that's what I'm working on right now.  I should have it finished in the next day or two.  I'll post it up here in case anyone else was wanting to make an itty bitty version.


In addition, I'm going to try to work out a Sock Monkey diaper cover.  When I went looking at Sock Monkey diaper covers, I was kind of baffled that I couldn't find any that actually looked like a Sock Monkey butt.  I saw a few with tails, but none with the sock heel design.  So I'm going to try to work that out.  I may not be able to make it work, but I'll be so excited if I can.


Aaaand... I was asked by the Mother's Day Out director to make a lab coat for her little boy's Mad Scientist party next month.  I could not find one little lab coat pattern, but I think I have it figured out.  I might post a little tutorial explaining what I do when I'm finished.  


This is what I like best... figuring out new things.  I have been thinking about the whole flea market plan and I am just so afraid that I'll be unhappy making up an inventory, even if it sells well.  I think maybe these requests are a sign that if I want to try to make some money with my crochet/sewing skills that patterns are going to be the way.  For now.  I am going to set a goal to have at least one pattern other than the Sock Monkey things by the end of May.  Any suggestions on what I should create?  I have several ideas.  As usual.


So that's what's going on over here.  I can't believe it's already May.  And Mother's Day is less than 2 weeks away.  Good grief.  School's out in less than 4 weeks.  Crazy. 


All right... back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...