Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've baked two pies, a pan of cornbread for the dressing... gathered up everything that doesn't have to stay in the fridge... I'm ready to go to my parents' house for Thanksgiving!  I'm in charge of the dressing (because I'm really the only one who cares about it - for shame!), fruit salad (the world's UNHEALTHIEST fruit salad - I really must post the recipe one day so everyone can think "oh nasty!"  LOL), and chocolate pie.  I only had to make one pie, but  I really wanted to try a cinnamon roll crust and I wasn't sure how it would go over, so I made a safe, normal crust one as well.



That is a cinnamon roll crust.  Now, the name is a little misleading.  You can't use cinnamon rolls.  You just roll out your pie crust, brush it with butter, sprinkle cinnamon on it, and roll it up.  Cut it into thin slices and press into the pan.  I love cinnamon and chocolate.  I hope it's yummy.  =)

I'm very thankful this year... there are just so many things to be thankful for.  I'm thankful for the people who are reading this.  It's always nice to know someone is listening to me babble.  =)

I've definitely broken through my creative block lately.  I made each of the girls a Christmas-y hat.  Here are two of them...

Untitled
Zoe's Polar Bear

Untitled
Izzy's Penguin

Olivia has an elf one... same style (they are all from the same pattern from SnappyTots - I love her patterns)... but the elf's hat won't stay put and I have to fix it before Miss Ungrateful will deign to wear it.  Such a brat sometimes.

I started some mittens, but Isabelle ran off and lost the one I finished, so I'm not sure I'll even mess with making the other 5.  Then I started a sock (for me) but adjusting it for my big feet is proving a little more difficult than I thought.  I may frog it a bit and try again.  But I've been finding more and more things I want to do, where for a long time I didn't even bother looking at crochet stuff.

The problem with that is that I have a very delicate balance going on.  The more into crochet I am, the less I am into working out.  I have to be careful not to slip up too much.  I've cut myself some slack this week... but no more after tomorrow.  No sitting down after the girls go to bed until I'm sweaty.  Or showered, rather.

My foot is better, by the way.  It felt much better on Monday, my ankle was still a little sore on Tuesday, and yesterday it was fine.  I need to be more careful about stretching before my long walks.  Maybe even do a little mid-way?  I planned out a different route today for this weekend's 6-miler.  I am such a bad judge of distance and was shocked at how far 3 miles took me from the starting point.  I will walk over two pedestrian bridges.... I was sure the second bridge was so much farther away.  I'm excited.  And a little anxious.  I don't want a repeat of my foot problem.  If I can't walk 6 miles without having issues, I won't be able to do 13.1. 

I hope you all have a wonderful day, full of good food and loving family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...