Monday, December 10, 2012

8 miles

Did I mention that I was terrified of my 8 mile walk this past weekend?  Yeah.  I was.  I remembered when my 4 mile walks turned into 6 mile walks.... and my first 6 miler was simply painful.  Not only did I irritate my peroneal tendon (outside ankle), I felt like my legs were just going to fall off my pelvis the last mile.  So I was really afraid I'd be crawling the last mile or so back to the van, because there aren't too many places on the trails where someone could just come pick me up if I gave out.

But it was fine, really.  I was sore most of today (ankles and knee mostly), but I seem to have worked all the kinks out.  8 miles is a loooooong walk, though.  2 hours and 8 minutes of walking... a 33 oz bottle of water, a Cliff bar, and a bottle of Gatorade.  And lots of music.  I burned approximately 1100 calories (maybe Santa will bring me a Fitbit or something so I can have an accurate number?).  I think I have one more 8 mile, then a drop back down to 4, and another 8 or maybe 2 before I bump up again... to 10 miles.  I'm not quite ready to wrap my head around 10 miles yet.

I plan on actually registering for the half-marathon before the end of the month.  Eek.

~~~~~~~~

I'm making progress on Hobbes' girlfriend and the unicorn and zebrunicorn.  I'm alternating what I work on, depending on my mood.  And while the girls are awake, I'm working on my Rose Field blanket and my Vintage Ripple.  I need to take some pictures of them.  The Rose Field will probably end up just a pillow cover because it is still so small.  Since I'm using the same yarn for both blankets, I just work a row on the ripple, then make a rose.  The ripple is not as wide as I'd like, but I'll deal with it when the time comes.

~~~~~~~~

I had this idea the other day.  I didn't actually hit my 37 lbs before 37, but I liked having that goal.  But I wanted to do something different this year.  I'm going to come up with 37 things to do while I'm 37.  Or 38 things to do before I turn 38.  We'll see if I can come up with that extra thing.  I think so far, I've thought of 24 things.  More thinking is in order.  They're not all fitness related, but quite a few are.  There are some crochet goals and some family goals.  If you have any suggestions, let me know.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...