Friday, December 21, 2012

Hermoine the Unicorn

I have completed one of the girls' Christmas lovies! 

unicorn

This is Olivia's unicorn.  I used this pattern.  Bonus... it's a free pattern!

unicorn

I really loved this pattern, with a few exceptions.  The nose kind of is a little too round for my liking.  One of my favorite things, which is also the other exception (bear with me) is that you attach everything as you go... there is no sewing on of the ears or legs, you crochet them into the head and body as you are making them.  I absolutely love that there is no assembly at the end.  However, it does make it a little awkward to crochet at times.  But it was worth it knowing that nothing could fall off later.  Like Olivia's cat's tail. 

The hair is Red Heart with Love in Fruit Punch.  I'm not a huge fan of variegated yarns, but I really like this one.  I think it was perfect for the hair.   The body is just I Love This Yarn in white and the horn is gold something or other... it's the color of Hobbes' girlfriend.  She just needs to be assembled.  I'm so close!

Zoe's Zebrunicorn is almost finished.... it just needs the mane and tail.  Same pattern.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...