Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The week that won't end...

I try my best to keep my blog positive, but indulge me in some whining for a moment and then I'll try to bring things back up a notch at the end.  OK?

This week has sucked so far.  Honestly, I'd rather just hide under the covers for the next few days and pray that next week will bring better things. Really, I thought Monday was bad and that things couldn't get worse, but today probably trumped Monday (on a personal level).

I'm not going into details.  I don't want to say it's not important, but you know what I mean.  Some of it has been little, stupid things.  But little, stupid things add up.  Some of it has been just heartbreaking.  I'm sad for people I love, sad for things that might have been.  Worried about what might be to come.  Aggravated at the ugliness that keeps rearing it's head.


Ugh.  I'm just sad and angry at the world.

I hate being sad and angry.

So, I need to do something about it.

I need to be happy.  And I figure if I need to be happy, that other people out there need to be happy, too.  So I need to make someone happy.

I've been racking my brain all evening to come up with what to do.  I have a few ideas, but there is one that keeps coming back to me...


(sidenote:  I find it kind of funny that the CRAYOLA bomb pic I have was made with Rose Art crayons)

The wording is kind of tiny, so let me just copy it here...

"Maybe we should develop a Crayola bomb as our next secret weapon.  A happiness weapon.  A beauty bomb.  And every time a crisis developed, we would launch one.  It would explode high in the air - explode softly - and send thousands, millions, of little parachutes into the air, floating down to earth - boxes of Crayolas.  And we wouldn't go cheap, either -  not little boxes of eight.  Boxes of sixty-four, with the sharpener built right in.  With silver and gold and copper, magenta and peach and lime, amber and umber and all the rest.  And people would smile and get a little funny look on their faces and cover the world with imagination."  - Robert Fulghum.

I'm Crayola Bombing.  I may give them to certain people.  I may leave them random places.  But there are going to be as many boxes of 64-count Crayolas with the built-in sharpeners as I can responsibly buy (because over-spending isn't going to bring me much happiness....) sent out into the world to make it a brighter, happier place.

And maybe I will keep one for myself, tell the kids to keep their mitts off of them (they have their own crayons, I'm not mean), and just sit down and color.  With a smile and a little funny look on my face as I try to cover the world with imagination.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...