Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Crayon Bomb Virtual 5k/10k

As you know, I just ran my first 5k!  Yay me! 

But that means I have no immediate goals, other than my half-marathon in October, and it seems so far away that it just doesn't feel all that pressing at the moment.  I actually have a little wiggle room before hard-core training, and that's really tempting me to "take it easy."

That's a bad thing.  My diet has been erratic at best lately, and I can't let my fitness slip.  I refuse to totally fall off the wagon.  So I thought it was time to make my Virtual 10k a concrete plan.

I've decided to make it a 5k/10k, because I would really LOVE for someone other than my sister and me to participate.  But I know that not everyone has any desire to run a 10k, ever.  So, should you chose to participate with us, you have the option of a 5k distance, as well.  

I have some more work to do, but this is the basic low-down.

So, without further ado.... 


The Crayon Bomb Virtual 5k/10k

August 17-24, 2013
any time, any place you choose within that 8 day time-frame!

Rules

5k (3.1miles) or 10k (6.2 miles) must be completed in one stretch

You may walk, run, skip, crawl, dance... whatever gets you to the finish line

You may do it outside or on a treadmill

My Fun Suggestion

Leave a Crayon Bomb at your "finish line", wherever that may be (or somewhere else if you're finish line is your own home)

I will have a printable bib for the race, and a printout of the Crayon Bomb passage if you choose to leave a Crayon Bomb.

I am hoping to have a finishers "medal" if you would like one.  It will be handmade...  nothing fancy, but I'm kind of excited about it. 

If I actually have interest from people, I might set up a Facebook group to keep track of you guys. 

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...