Monday, May 27, 2013

Long Weekend

DSC_0004

Happy Memorial Day!  I'm very blessed to have several people in my life that have served in the military and made it back home, and my heart and everlasting gratitude goes out to those who did not make it home.

We've spent our unusual amount of family time out and about.  We've had 2 full days, minus my time racing on Sunday. 

Yesterday we decided to go out and play some Frisbee.

DSC_0001

Silly Olivia, that's not how you play Frisbee.

DSC_0009

The girls really didn't know how to play.  See how intent Zoe is trying to learn, tongue out and all!

DSC_0017

That child needs to stop looking so grown up.

DSC_0020

But then it started to rain.  So we drove around a bit until the shower stopped and we ended up at this pond.

DSC_0021

It wasn't all that impressive, really.  Kind of run down.  Blah.  But we wandered around and found a little trail.

DSC_0028

You would think my husband is the most unpleasant person ever, he always has to look so grumpy in pictures.  Our kids are going to look back at their childhood pictures and think he was just miserable all the time.

We left there and had some dinner.  Went to bed, woke up, cleaned the house a bit, and then were out of the house by 10am, which is a miracle.  We're usually doing good to get out by 1 or 2pm. 

Bill had been wanting to check out a new State Park, and we had to wait for a day that we had all day to do it in, because it was a 2 hour drive.  Personally, I don't really want to make a 2 hour drive unless it's somewhere we're staying the night.  Because it means a 2 hour drive home, too... and I don't want to be in the car for 4 hours in one day.  But, he wanted to go, so we went.

DSC_0005

It was really pretty there.  Lots and lots of dirt roads.  

DSC_0006

We had a picnic with the bumblebees.  My kids aren't fans of bugs of any sort.  Somehow Bill telling them that bumblebees don't sting because they'll die made them feel better.  I don't know if that's true.  Personally, knowing something would die doesn't make me feel any better about the prospect of getting stung, but I'm not afraid of bumblebees anyway.

DSC_0024

We did a little hiking but those pictures were kind of blurry.  Not sure what happened there.  It was a nice trail, though.  Isabelle and I got to take a little walk by ourselves while Bill drove the other two to the bathroom.  She said she was glad she was exercising with me and the other two just don't understand exercise.  I assured her that they'd understand it plenty this summer... I intend to keep them active.  

That was about it, though.  It was fun, but totally not worth the time spent in the van.  Especially since we got stuck in traffic on the way home, so we were in the van more like 5 hours.  We were all a little testy by the time we got home.

Hope you all had an excellent long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...