Friday, May 17, 2013

The Liebster Award

The adorable Katy (I can call you that, I'm old. LOL) from From KATYpillar to Butterfly has tagged me for The Liebster Award.  I like being random and throwing weird facts around, so I thought this would be fun.
Here are the rules:

1) Post 11 random facts about yourself
2) Answer the 11 questions the tagger has asked you
3) Choose 3 deserving bloggers, and ask them 11 new questions
4) Don't tag the person that nominated you

 Here we go...

11 Random (and long) Facts About Jennifer

1)  I'm claustrophobic and do not like to be touched on the neck or face.  Not even by my kids or husband.
2)  I was a summer intern at the National Weather Service in between high school and college.  My Calculus teacher had me apply and I got the position, but I really couldn't have cared less about the weather.
3)  If I were to ever have another kid (not going to happen), I'd name her Lucy.  On the rare chance that I'd pop out a boy we'd have a fight over William Samuel and George (I'd want George)
4)  I've never seen Star Wars, any of them.  At this point in my life, it's my mission to avoid it forever.
5)  I have 4 Kanji tattoos... Dream, Love, Believe, and Happiness.
I have 5 other tattoos... a stick figure, a dragonfly, a falling star, a flower, and a sun/moon (which I'm going to either have fixed or covered up soon).  And I want more, specifically 100 stars going across my shoulders, symbolizing my weight loss.  Just have to reach 100 lbs lost!
6)  I've been at my current job 13.5 years and have been there longer than any other person (they've only been in business 15 years)
7)  I can't stand Country music.
8)  While all my friends plastered their walls with NKOTB posters, I had about a billion posters of Sebastian Bach on my wall as a teenager.
9)  I used to shave the bottom half of my head.  My hair is super thick on the bottom now.
10) I had a teddy bear named Paxton Anthony Ainsley Ian Van Alec Hareton Heathcliff Dexter.  (And, yes, I had just finished Wuthering Heights when I named him)
11) My first car, which I purchased from my grandfather a month before he died, was haunted.  And named Duncan.


Katy's Questions for Me

1) If you had to spend the rest of your life in one place, where would it be?    I love Arkansas.  I have no desire to live anywhere else.
   
2) What is the most exotic food you have ever eaten?    That's tough.  I've had Jamaican patties (they're like a Hot Pocket) and I ate Japanese food in Japan...  I'm not a very adventurous eater.
    
3) What is the most common compliment people give you?    That I'm smart.

4) What do you consider your most prized object?     I guess it's a toss up between my two medals.... my Valedictorian medal and my half-marathon medal.
     
5) If you found a $50 bill on the street and had to spend it immediately, what would you buy?     A pedicure, because I've never had one and it's on The List.
     
6) What is your favorite holiday?     Christmas, which used to be my least favorite holiday, but then I had kids. 

7) What will you be doing 10 years from today?     Stressing out over having 3 teenage daughters, one of which will be graduating. 

8) If you could be a member of any TV-sitcom family, which would it be?     This is tough, since I don't watch TV.  Facts of Life... they weren't an actual family, but I loved that show.

9) What color looks best on you?     The only times I remember ever being told that was when I wear pink.  Which is rare.

10) What is the first thing you do when you get out of bed?     Put on my glasses.

11) If you were on a deserted island, what two books would you want with you?     Lisey's Story and Rose Madder, both by Stephen King

My Nominees
I promise it won't hurt my feelings at all if you pass on doing this, but these are the 3 blogs I picked...

Natalie @ Path to Petite

Ang @  Dropping the Plus From My Size

Tabby @ Buzzing Around the Apple Tree

And your questions are...

1) What is your favorite food?
2) Sweet or salty?
3) Can you roll your tongue?
4) What was your clique in school (prep, misfits, jock, band, etc.)?
5) Do you have any pets, or what would you have if you don't have any?
6) If you had unlimited funds, and a month of free time, what would you do?
7) Who is your celebrity crush?
8) Do you collect anything?
9) What size shoe do you wear?
10) Favorite color
11) Do you sleep on your side, stomach, or back?

That was fun =)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...