Friday, August 23, 2013

Back to school

The first week of school is now over.  So far, so good.  We had a glitch with the girls riding the bus... they didn't have them set up yet, then no one called when they were.  Finally, I was able to get it all straightened out today.  Starting Monday, I will have a glorious 45 minutes of empty house before going to walk them home from the bus stop.  Ahhh.

Olivia is in the third grade this year.  I can't believe how grown up she looks, especially with her glasses.

Untitled

She starts Alpha (the talented and gifted program) this year.  It's 150 minutes a week... I'm not sure if that's 30 minutes a day or how it's broken up.  They are supposed to have an open house soon, and I'm curious to know what all they will be doing.  I really hope she enjoys it, because she certainly isn't thrilled about it.

Isabelle is in the second grade this year.  Again, too grown up.

Untitled

She has been so exhausted by the time she gets home that she's had a melt down every afternoon.  Oh, how I wish she could nap at school!

And my Zoe... my Kindergartener.  

Untitled

She comes home every day to tell me the names of her new friends.  She was so afraid that she wouldn't make any friends.  She's such a sweetheart, I can't imagine anyone not liking her.

Untitled

I managed to not cry the first day.  Only because Bill was with me, I'm sure.  

Untitled

The flare above Olivia's head makes me think of The Sims.  LOL

Untitled

They are so excited this year that they got to pick out "real" backpacks.  Up until this year, they had to have mesh or clear plastic back packs.  Boring.  But neither their supply lists or dress code mentioned anything about the backpacks having to be see-through this year.  I double checked, just to be sure.  

And, I just have to say that Isabelle isn't really all that into One Direction, I think she just knows they're cool.  If they had had a Justin Bieber backback, she would have grabbed it, and she probably has heard maybe 2 of his songs...  It's my first taste of my kids just trying to fit in...

I just noticed the shadow of the little paper doll Isabelle's carrying.  It looks like they're being followed by a tiny big-headed person.  =) 

All in all, it's been a very good week.  They earned their allowance for the week by helping me out with chores with minimal complaining.  And, miracle of miracles, Olivia voluntarily took a bath Thursday night.  I do make her bathe, but it's always under protest.  

I'm hoping it will be a good year!

2 comments:

  1. My little boy rarely wants to get IN the bath, but then he never wants to get OUT again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, your girls are so darling! We get to have a taste of first day of school angst next fall, Amelia will be going to preschool. What the heck happened to the time?! I'm glad things are going well for you guys, minus the melt downs.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...