Tuesday, October 29, 2013

She drives me crazy

Oh, my Isabelle...

We've been butting heads lately.  A lot.  She's like a mini-teenager, and I swear if anyone tries to tell me it'll be even worse then, I'm going to shove a dirty sock in their mouth.

So, as usual, she was pushing ALL my buttons this afternoon.  Making me so MAD.  It was all I could do to try to deal with her calmly instead of going all demon-possessed on her.

But, just when I thought I had all I could take, she came into the room and stood in front of me.  She held up an index card with "I love you.  Do you love me?" written on it.  The she set that down and held up two more index cards:  "Yes" and "No".  I pointed to "Yes."  She smiled and sat the "Yes" card down.  Then she took the "No" card, tore it up, and shoved it in her mouth.

Hours of being a brat, erased in 5 seconds of sweet and goofiness.

~~~~~~~

So, my sister and I are planning on doing a Gobbler Run on Thanksgiving morning.  And I thought, if we're doing a turkey run, we need turkey hats.  I sent her pictures of two different kinds of turkey hats... a cute cartoonish turkey and a roasted turkey.  She and her friend liked the cute, unroasted turkey variety.  So I guess I'll be starting on some turkey hats.  =)

That led me to another idea.  Since I have another half-marathon lined up in December, and one in March (and possibly one in February, but that will require some hubby-support and I haven't mentioned it to him yet), I'll be doing long walks/runs on Sundays throughout winter.  And I thought it would be fun to try to make a different hat to wear each week.  I love crocheting hats, and my kids have a ton of them and never wear them.  So, I'll make them for myself to keep me warm while I'm out in the cold.  And hopefully bring a smile or two to the other poor souls out freezing their tushies off on the trails.  =)

Now... do I want to go start on a turkey or go to bed?  My big, marshmallow-y bed is really tempting me right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...