Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2014 Mood Blanket

I am trying to post this from my phone, so excuse any strange autocorrects that I may miss.  =)

I have always wanted to do some sort of "one-a-day" type of project, but I am afraid I won't follow through an entire year. Well, I think this is going to be the year. I am going to make a mood blanket.

My color pallet is a bit monochromatic, but I want something for my bedroom and I like pale blues and greens.

It took me a while to finally decide on a pattern. At first I didn't want to do granny squares so I thought about making a blanket out of flowers. But when I thought about that, I realized it would end up small and bulky. After racking my brain, I decided to make another Babette blanket. But the pattern only has 126 squares. After doing some math and trying to revise the pattern a million different ways, I finally realized that if I dropped the last section off, there are 90 squares.  I will just duplicate it 4 times to make an afghan that will probably be almost queen size!  Perfect! Add a border 5 rows wide and I have 365! 

I am really excited about this and looking forward to what I hope will be a very light blue and green blanket!

5 comments:

  1. Those colours do look a bit angry/depressed to me so hopefully it turns out mostly light blue and yellow. Otherwise it might make you feel cranky every time you look at it in 2015!

    If it was me I'd get further and further behind until I was overwhelmed - I can't possibly do 61 squares today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea and how at the end of the year you will have something physical to show for your one-a-day project. I'm going to be keeping up (or try anyways) with a daily gratitude box.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent colors! I'm doing this too! Except I'm doing it as a stashbuster with all my I love this yarn left overs. I'm just going with whatever colors strike me in that moment. So I definitely applaud your forethought and planning for moods/colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that sounds really good! I love your colour palette....very natural looking colours :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm actually really loving your color selections. :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...