Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Run-down

I need to stop promising to make blog posts about things. 

I have a lot on my mind with the New Year coming, things I will share, but for now I need to show off all my Christmas crafting...

First, the dresses.  Unfortunately, I do not have any good pictures of my kids wearing their dresses.  I had hoped to get some yesterday, but they got other new clothes that were far more exciting and they passed on wearing their dresses for pictures.  Plus, it's really difficult to get them to pay attention to me long enough to stand still and pose for a picture right now.  Chaos rules.  But here are the dresses on hangers...


Olivia's dress... Lorelei pattern by Lilygiggle


Zoe's dress... Secret Garden pattern by Lilygiggle


Isabelle's dress... Juliet pattern by Lilygiggle 
(this is my favorite of the three, especially once they tried them on)

I made a doll each for the girls.  And Grover Cleveland.  And an elf.


The Prez and our elf Cinnamon


Olivia's Princess Selenia from Arthur and the Invisibles


Isabelle's Bunny


Zoe's Monkey

I need to make Zoe a Bunny for her birthday (tomorrow!) but it's going to be late.  I needed a small break.

And hats... I used my family's Christmas presents as a chance to try out some ideas for hats to make for my shop I plan on opening soon.  The first one probably just seems weird to anyone not from Arkansas...  Razorback college football (and basketball) are huge around here.  I need to make some revisions, but this is what I like to call "The Mo-Hawg"



For my mother, I got inspired by the Stained Glass afghan I made a few years ago, and I turned it into a hat. 



Then, as I was making it, I thought it might make a really nice snowflake if I changed up the colors...  and my sister's hat was born:



And that's about it... I did make a mohawk hat for my brother-in-law, but I didn't get a picture of it.

I have so many ideas running around in my head to work on for my shop.  I'm excited.  =)  It'll probably take me a little bit to get it up and running, but I'll let you know!

I am going to do a mood blanket over the course of 2014.  I will go into it more later (I'm tired, can you tell?) but I thought I'd give you a sneak peek at what's to come:


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...