Monday, May 9, 2016

Dear Sally

Sally, I wanted to respond to your comment on my last blog and since you post anonymously, if I reply to it, you wouldn't receive any notification.  I hope you don't mind me doing it publicly.

I have to admit, I was shocked at first.  Not because I thought you were wrong for what you said.  Because I whole-heartedly agree with everything you said.  But because I guess I try not to show things like that a lot and didn't realize I let that much of it show.

I've never been all that strict as far as discipline goes, but this past year things have definitely spun out of control.  So many things have spun out of control over the past year.  I needed help long before I sought it, and it's going to take me a very long time and it's going to take a lot of hard work and probably a lot of frustration and tears along the way but I will regain control.

I take full responsibility for how they act.... I know I should lay some of it on my husband, but with our work schedules, he's really not around much (which is a big problem in and of itself, but not one that will be resolved any time soon).  There have been many days that the absolute best I could give was my physical presence.  I've not been mentally or emotionally available so much lately to be a good mother.  I was just a body sitting in a chair, if they were lucky... sometimes I'd be laying in bed.  There were many times they'd get what they wanted just so that I didn't have to fight because there wasn't any fight in me.  And Today Me, looking back, feels AWFUL about that.  I don't want my kids to remember that about me.

My husband..... I have many mixed feelings where he is concerned.  He might go to counselling if I gave him an ultimatum, but he would never go willingly.  He's an ass, and when I'm in a good mood, I'll call him out on it and he thinks it's all in fun. When I'm not in a good mood, he doesn't understand why I don't find it funny anymore. I don't know if he just doesn't know when to draw the line or what.  I don't want to make excuses for him though.  Like I said.. mixed feelings.

And finally, rest assured.... I'm not taking this medication trying to lose weight. Losing weight is not really even something I'm worried about right at the moment.  If I do lose weight taking this, great, but I'm far more concerned with getting my physical and emotional health back on track right now.  I think my melt down the other day was due to hormones, not the medication.  Sodas taste awful and I have noticed I really don't crave sugar, which is actually a blessing because it's made it so much easier to avoid snacking at night and my fasting blood sugars have been beautiful.  But ultimately, the hope is that it will even out my moods.  Anything else is just a bonus.

I really appreciate your concern, and I assure you that I am taking care of me.  =)


2 comments:

  1. I don't know Sally, nor do I know you outside of your blog, but I've been reading for a while (I don't even know how I stumbled upon your blog..must've been something crochet related is all I can think) but I can say I know how it feels to be just a body. There are times when it seems like someone pulled a dark blanket over my world and is trying to smother and suffocate me all at once. Sometimes I just don't even know...anything truly. Then other times I'm skipping through life like a freaking Disney Princess. Life is hard. That's the first thing they should teach you in school. Life is hard, people lie and social media is a joke. We get through it the best we can which is sometimes not what we want. Hell, we might hate it. But I'd like to think the struggle ends at some point. I'd like to think that eventually life lets go of the hold it has on our hair as it desperately tries to drag us down, drag us backward...it takes a village I believe..maybe those people are family, maybe their friends or maybe they're random people who follow you from the internet. I can't speak for everyone but a while back you wrote to me in a comment that if hung in there you would too. So now I give those words back to you. If you hang in there I will too. Somehow we'll figure this all out. Until then, random internet stranger is here for you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jennifer, I'm glad you realize I had good intentions. I'm sorry if I came off sounding judgmental. I honestly felt bad for your situation and wanted to help. I am not on social media at all. My life is not that interesting. Thank you for taking the time to reply through your blog. I really appreciate it. I'm glad you are taking care of yourself. Life truly is a struggle but I believe you're going to be just fine. Much love, Sally

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...